I am a twenty-something dreamer, reader, writer and teacher. I am a wife, a health conscious revolutionary. I am a humanitarian, a world-traveler, a friend. I am not a feminist, but I love being a woman. I am an academic advisor and a teacher. I am working on a Master's degree in Rhetoric, which means I have a love affair with words.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010



"A startled or surprised look from one of you when I spoke sharply rebuked me more than any words could have done, and the love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy."-- Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

How funny, Dear Ms. Alcott, that you can write a novel of such significance to so many women when you in fact hated children.

In fact, Alcott only wrote Little Women when her editor requested (some would say forced) her to write on the topic of children, to which she replied: "I don't really enjoy that sort of thing."

Little women, as we all know, went on to sell millions and adorns the bookshelves of young women everywhere.

It took her three months to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: