I am a twenty-something dreamer, reader, writer and teacher. I am a wife, a health conscious revolutionary. I am a humanitarian, a world-traveler, a friend. I am not a feminist, but I love being a woman. I am an academic advisor and a teacher. I am working on a Master's degree in Rhetoric, which means I have a love affair with words.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

I just returned from the grocery store where a middle aged woman and her look-alike mother were running around the different departments screaming at each other. SCREAMING. And then the children ( I really couldn't determine who produced them, but they were definitely kin) would scream in unison about shredded lettuce and frozen entrees and bananas.
Oh my pelvis it was insane.

It has a been awhile since I checked in to the blog, which can tell you how productive my days writing have been. (sigh).

Last week was consumed with worries of a specific loved one who is being attacked by an illness. I can't really say more and in truth, I don't want to, because I have talked about it incessantly for weeks.I hope he gets better. I have done what I can.

Add to that about eight other things that Hubs and I have been juggling (very well I might add) and it becomes obvious I just haven't had the emotional energy to pursue my novel. I'm back though.

I hope to continue my reading and editing of a popular novel and to put some words down that have been brewing in my head of late. Our friends have been providing me with an endless supply of material and I am reading a somewhat crappy memoir that reminds me how words can be combined in an awesome and breath taking way that I live for.

I'll check back in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: