I am a twenty-something dreamer, reader, writer and teacher. I am a wife, a health conscious revolutionary. I am a humanitarian, a world-traveler, a friend. I am not a feminist, but I love being a woman. I am an academic advisor and a teacher. I am working on a Master's degree in Rhetoric, which means I have a love affair with words.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wright is so Right

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
-Frank Loyd Wright
3,257 words.
Over 15,000 characters.
Can you believe it? I barely can. Over three thousand words strung together to tell the story I have needed to tell.
I came to a realization recently that this novel doesn’t have to be just for sales. It can be hilarious and fun and rich and deep all at the same time.
Tonight I will go to the library and get Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood to look at how she introduces characters in her novel. I am also second guessing my point of view usage. Right now I am using third person omniscient with limited insight to my two main characters. I’ll be interested to see what other novels employ.
I’m not excited to rewrite all 3,000 words in another point of view, but I’ll do what I need to because I believe in this thing hard enough to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: