I am a twenty-something dreamer, reader, writer and teacher. I am a wife, a health conscious revolutionary. I am a humanitarian, a world-traveler, a friend. I am not a feminist, but I love being a woman. I am an academic advisor and a teacher. I am working on a Master's degree in Rhetoric, which means I have a love affair with words.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I's get to eat bad stuff

So, in about an hour and a half I get to go out to lunch. I am more than a little excited.

Recently, hubs and I have put ourselves on a very responsible (notice I did not say suffocating, insane, delirious or straining-- although I really wanted to) budget.

We no longer go out to eat, unless it is out of our allowance. Each of us get the same amount allowance, every two weeks, and we are free to do what we want with this money. That being said, our favorite thing to do with our money is hoard it, clutching it close to our chests and whispering "my precious...".

So we don't go out to eat. When we do use our allowances to go out to eat we feel guilty and upset. It so was not worth the money.

You may wonder why we are so strict with ourselves. It is not because we enjoy torment or we need to save to pay off debt. We really don't have debt. Instead, it is because we used to go out to eat excessively. I am talking 600, maybe even 700 dollars a month. On food. 700 dollars to sit at a table and receive poor service and cold food.

So we cut ourselves off. And now we get to go out to eat on someone else's dime. And it is going to be fabulous. Thank the heavens for parents...

om om om om.....

1 comment:

  1. thanks for stalking me! I love stalkers. after all, I am one. I shall now stalk you. But in all seriousness, I enjoyed your comment and it made me smile that someone else knows what it feels like because it can be pretty damn strange to describe. Can't wait to start reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now: