I am a twenty-something dreamer, reader, writer and teacher. I am a wife, a health conscious revolutionary. I am a humanitarian, a world-traveler, a friend. I am not a feminist, but I love being a woman. I am an academic advisor and a teacher. I am working on a Master's degree in Rhetoric, which means I have a love affair with words.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Evolution

As of today, I will become who I want to be.
I will embrace my literary nature.
I will read. I will write.
Corrections: I will read for pleasure. I will write to live up to my talent. I will not waste it.

I seem to have this school thing down pat. I know how to better myself in a very regimented, straight-forward way. If you are willing to give me credit for something, I will do it. But if the person I need to prove something to is myself, I often let it slide.

Today is a fluke, because it is a snow day. So today presents more opportunities for me to embrace such behavior without letting the dishes go or whatever else.

So, this is a great day to reinvent myself.

1. Less tv, more reading.
2. No more than 8 hours of sleep a night. (Sounds easy right? Not easy. Not for me.)
3. Write more days than not. (Ok, so the goal is not even everyday, but come on, this seems achievable and kind)

I commit to becoming the person I want to be.

Here goes nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: